Museum of Art and Folk Museum, Gwangju

3:55:00 AM

Hi again,

It's time for me to update my bloggie again. In this post I will write about some awesome places that I have visited during this 2 weeks.

Last week, in a beautiful saturday, I went to some nearby museums to have a look. The first museum we went was

1) Gwangju Museum of Art.

Actually, it was not as good as I expected as there were only a few photos and drawn pictures. However, only one or 2 pictures in 3D really caught my attention.

 well, actually we are not allowed to take pictures in the museum, but I took this secretly because I think this is one of the nicest photos taken.. It's called "Song of Autumn".. There was another 3D photo but  I was unable to capture it coz there was a guard looking at me.. anyway, luckily the entrance free is only RM1.50, coz it wasn't worth to pay more..

Information about Gwangju Museum of Art
Entrance Fee: 500won (appx RM1.50)
Directions:
[Bus]
Take Bus Songjeong 29, Munheung 48, Sangmu 63, Yongjeon 84, Yongjeon 85, or Cheomdan 95. 
Get off at the Culture & Arts Center rear gate (문화 예술관 후문).
Walk 220m towards Unamje Lake and turn right onto Bangmulgwan-ro.
Walk straight (80m) until you see the Museum of Art.



2) Folk Museum

Folk museum is just beside Gwangju Museum of Art. However, it is much more better than the Art Museum. Folk museum displays many historical things that were used in the olden days in Korea. It includes all items such as costumes, food, utensils, cultures, houses, marriage and even their believes. We spent a few hours there because the tour guide uncle is very patient in explaining everything there. He is a man in his late 50's and could speak a little bit of english. Although he have some difficulty in explaining the whole thing in english, but he really tried hard to explain every single item there so that we can understand until we were tired and hungry. He is so patient and we were so grateful to him. By the way, it's also RM1.50 for the entrance fee. It's so cheap and worth it!

The outlook of Gwangju Folk Musuem..

Yes, this is the very patient and helpful uncle that I mentioned just now.

Information about Folk Museum:
Entrance Fee: 500won
Directions:
Walking distance from Gwangju Museum of Art. (Around 5-10 minutes walk)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. really nice pics there.. hwaiting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment! I will update it frequent next time!

      Delete

Total Pageviews

Subscribe