My New Campus

8:30:00 AM

Here starts my new campus life.. Being far away from my home country, this new campus seems a bit different from my previous experience in my previous university. Despite the bigger size of this campus, the weather here is also much colder and the new learning environment is so different.


Unlike in Seoul, people in Gwangju can hardly speak English. Yes, SOME students can speak a bit of English and Chinese, while others stared at us in a puzzled look when we talk to them in English (etc. asking directions). Most of the time, we faced some difficulties in communication (it became worst when we don't even know how to read the menu if photos were absent). Therefore, body language is widely use. 

Firstly, Im going to introduce my buddy from Korea:
Her name is Ji Hyun!! She is so fair!! And I always like her clothes!! So stylish and fashionable! Gonna buy some before going back to Malaysia!! I faced lots of problem with the subject registration and generating my timetable. I cant even read a single word in the website since it's all in korean.. Luckily I have her helping my all the way, and she is so helpful!! 

Next, introducing my roommate.. Ms Minn-Li.. Hohoho.. Actually we knew each other before coming to korea.. She is my ex + present classmate :) 
 hehe.. this is Minn Li.. btw, the tree behind is a tree that I have never seen it before in Malaysia. It called pine trees (松树).. We often see it in ancient chinese paintings like the one below:

(source from google)

Mom says these are pine cones from pine trees which we could spot it in Christmas trees. 

Introducing my new campus..


We took these photos during the night time, and it's freaking cold!! My fingers were almost numb when this pics are taken!!

Took this in my campus too. Im wondering what's this thingy for in the middle of the campus.. Doesn't it have any meaning?? It looks like an empty cube where you could spot it in children playground!

Next Next Next: Talking about food in here, i managed to take some photos from the food we ate..
 

This is called 杂酱面 (noodle with mixed sauces)... It's a famous korean noodle dish (usually u could see koreans eating this especially in korean drama).. tasty and not spicy.. but it's almost completely noodles and onions with very (pathetic) little meat only..  Cost about RM10.50 and is consider quite cheap for korea standard!

Today afternoon, my roommate and I tried this Mexican fried chicken.. It's just very very normal, only a big portion of fried chicken with some picked raddish, vege and sauces as side dishes. This thingy cost us around RM36!!! Freaking expensive! 

Btw, today my university organize a welcome party to all international exchange students! It's so happy to meet new frens here!! Some come from Canada, Japan, Turkey, Africa, Brunei, Indonesia, USA, China, etc etc.... They are all so friendly!! The university welcomed us with lots of pizza and lots of carbonated drinks!! (oh yeah, saved my $$$ for dinner)

Yeah, u can see they decorated the hall with lots of balloons too!! 

This is Ms Youngran, the lecturer who in charge of student exchange in Asia.. She is so fair and pretty.. OMG, I really looked so DARK standing beside her!!! :(

Some Chinese friends from China and Malaysia..

These are some chinese friends from China... They are very friendly too!!

And yeah, the funniest most shocking person I met in korea: I met my hometown friend!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE HOW COINCIDENCE IS THIS??!!!! We came to korea, studying to the SAME university, taking the SAME course and most importantly, studying in the SAME class!!! I almost can't believe my eyes when I saw her!! 

btw, I got this little pressie from the lucky draw in the Welcome Party :) I can't believe Im so lucky too!! I got a shampoo and a toothpaste!! Hohoho.. It's so useful!!! 

Okay.. Goodbye for now.. Gonna sleep now!! I have some pretty girls to introduced in the next post!! Haahaa.. Stay Tuned!!

Erica 
1.21am (korea)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews

Subscribe