Life goes on.. I met great people!

10:14:00 AM

Hello,
Time never stop..
And it's the third week im here...

Sometimes, when I opened my eyes in the morning, I still cant believe Im actually in the land of Korea..Well, this seems like a dream to me, staying away from my homeland for so long... I miss home?  *yes,although i don wanna admit it* Im getting used to the cold weather here, and sometimes starting to love it. Unlike the hot weather, my skin condition getting better each day since it does not turn oily even though i apply my sunblock on it..

Note: some photos below might be familiar since i have uploaded some of it to facebook.
This is basically what i ate normally..

This is Tteokbokki, also called as 炒年糕 in chinese..  It is tasteless without the spicy gravy with it. Basically, tteokbokki here is much more SPICY than the ones I had in Malaysia. And if they did not cook tteokbokki long enough, it is very hard.. and might broke your teeth!!


This is canteen food that i always ate.. Sometimes noodle, spaghetti, but most of the time would be rice and a little of vege and meat =)

Another Korean Food called Jjimdak whereby it's noodle with curry chicken.

This is bibimap. A very famous korean dish where it is rice topped mixed veges and a bit of meat.


These photos were taken when I was in downtown on last Saturday and Tuesday with my new friends i met in my university..







All we can do in downtown is shopping shopping and shopping.. There are just so many cosmetics, shoes, clothes.. etc..etc...etc........ however, the price is not as cheap as i expected. It's almost the same price as what we got in Malaysia, and maybe a bit more expensive than what we got in Msia.. but, cosmetic is slightly cheaper than Msia.. and you can imagine how broke i am now =(

Back to my university, 
in korea, koreans value time so importantly that almost NON of the koreans came to class late. And if u are just 1 minute late, the lecturer will put you in the "late" list! and if you were 5 minutes late, the lecturer showed you a "black" face + everyone will look at u as u walk through the classroom. Owhhhh, I hate it.. =( 
So, starting from next week, I must go early.. it's FREAKING embarrassing when you are LATE!!! 

since it's the second week, there are many club and society booths in my campus.. Everyone tried hard to bring in more members for their club and society and therefore, you could imagine how busy everyone is! Since I can't speak korean, my friend and I decided to join English Conversation Club (most clubs/society speaks korean,even photography clubs, sports club..), which sounds utterly boring!!!!! However, I attended their first meeting and was surprised that the members there are very friendly, and they use a more interesting way to learn English. 




 It wasn't common to see students sitting on the ground in Malaysia due to the hot weather. However, in Korea, people DO sit on ground and chit-chat (not studying, that is just in movie.. XD) Well, I've been wanting to do this since ages ago and finally, hehehee... this is my chance!! Here I am!! Love it when the weather is abit cool and the sun is out.. It feels great!!

 I love to take pictures around my campus during evening and night. This is the time where there are not many students moving around and lesser people will look at you as if you are a MAD person. However, night are usually colder and we don't stay very long since we are freezing!!!

Sometimes, when we have ntg to do (no more classes), we go for coffee with our lecturer.. He is a big american guy who rich in funny facial expression!!
He love to talk, share experiences and make friends.. Oh, he could be strict in academic but apart from that, he is a nice guy!! Im happy to get to know all my lecturers and new friends!!

And yeah, today is 白色情人节 (Literally means White Valentine Day) also known as "White Day" for koreans (and they really celebrate it). It is common to see a korean guy holds a large bouquet of flowers preparing to give to their girlfriend today! Also, besides flowers, you can see many of them are holding beautifully wrap chocolates and candies!! How sweet~

Happy (White) Valentine, Boys and Girls



**Bonus Bonus**
By the way,

I met some awesome people in my university.. and they look so much like taiwanese artist!!
Firstly,

Hahaha.. My buddy Best friend (left pic)!! Doesn't she looked like 沈佳宜 (right pic)?? Who is the main actress of <那些年 我们一起追的女孩>.. I personally think that she is prettier than 沈佳宜.. maybe because her skin looks fairer.. XD.. no offence to her fans!!

Secondly, my korean lecturer..
OMG.. He looks so much like the late 大炳 from taiwan too (maybe he is much handsome than 大炳)! Some of my friends say he looked like 卢广仲 (a taiwanese singer) or 张栋梁 (a Malaysian singer)~ hmm.. however, he is a pure korean! =)

Bye for now..ciao

Erica 
2.12am (korea time)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews

Subscribe