Running Man game in Korea, Jeonju Hanok Village

11:31:00 AM

This is one of the BEST trip I've ever been in Korea. I'm so in love with this place. Actually, this is a trip organized by my university for exchange students (there are a total of 150+ exchange students in CNU). However, there are around 120 people joining this trip (3 buses). We gather at the campus at around 8.30 in the morning.


We were so excited!! Camwhore in the bus =)

We reached our destination at around 10am in the morning.
Upon arriving, we gather at this beautiful catholic church! It's surprising to see such "western-style" building in a so traditional korean village, Hanok Village (later you'll know what I mean).

I looked fat here =( but this is the best shot i got.. teehee...


Someone's getting married that day. Therefore, the church is beautifully decorated. The ambience, flowers, everything seems so warm and (blessed/blissful) inside that church.  Ah, I can't find a perfect word to describe it..

After that, we gathered with the other buses. And this part is the most exciting part of all - Running Man game! They named it RUNNING MAN! Ohw, this word is so powerful here. Are u kidding? RUNNING MAN in KOREA? In a so "traditional" korean villiage?? OMG, this is so amazing! You couldn't understand how excited I am when i got my first "mission"!!

The map of Hanok Village. It's all in Korean. Luckily we have a girl from Beijing that have learnt korean for 2 years. She can communicate so well in korean.

My Group..

RACE START!!!


First Station.. Mission Accomplish!!

Below were some photos during the race. I was running here and there with my heavy bag, I only managed to took some photos.

Running Running...


 One of our Mission..

 We even went to tourist information to seek help.. o.O


 Group photos during the race..

Some of my new friends.. Azurin from Washington, United States and Kwangyi from Beijing, China. They are so friendly =)

We were so close to the champion. There were no prizes for runner-up =( However, that's is not important.. We enjoyed the race so much.. it's so fun and tiring! and we met so many koreans who were willing to help us.. 감사합니다 (Thank You!)

Next, we went for lunch. Lunch was Bibimbap. Jeonju is very famous for its Bibimbap. One bibimbap can cost about 13000won RM50 per bowl (so freaking expensive!!) Luckily it's included in this trip.

Before adding rice in it..

 With rice..
 And.. with many side dishes...

After lunch, we depart into another place.
This is Jeonju Traditional Culture Center.

Our next activity would be ...
...
...
...
...
...
...
The making of Korean Traditional Mirror!!

The materials were already prepared, so just a little bit of magic, then it can transform everything to a beautiful korean traditional mirror.

Materials were well prepared. Btw, this mirror is made of Hanji paper, a type of paper which is produced in Jeonju itself.

In the process of making the mirror... 




And at last, dry it..

TaaaDaaaa... My little yellow mirror.. Actually i prefer red or purple.. But, there is not enough red and purple ones.. Anyway, yellow looks quite nice too =)

Completely done!! Hoho.. I love my new mirror!!

Then we went back to Hanok Village again for photo session. We didn't have much time to take photos during the race earlier on, so now we were given a second opportunity to take photos in Hanok Village. Now you can see the beautiful traditional korean buildings in Hanok Village.

Photos below were random shots in Hanok Village.


600 year-old tree











We were only given an hour to go around the village.. So, we were rushing here and there. Therefore, most of the pictures taken (below) were 5 of us together (to save time).

  


 The ugliest post.. Showing of my butt! OMG..






 Having ice cream!!

Hi shinchan..

Yes, this marks an end to the trip.. I love this trip.. Hoping to go again!! I enjoyed it to the MAX!!


I love Korea!!

Random Spam of Maple tree!

Information about Jeonju Hanok Village:
Entrance Fee: Free
Directions:
[Bus]
1) From Jeonju Station, take bus 79 or 119.
Get off at Jeondong Cathedral (Hanok Village) Bus Stop.

2) From Jeonju Intercity/Express Bus Terminal, take bus 79.
Get off at Jeondong Cathedral (Hanok Village) Bus Stop.

[Taxi]

It takes 15-20min by taxi from Jeonju Station or Jeonju Bus Terminal to Hanok Village.

ATTENTION:
If you are a foreigner currently staying in Seoul and wanted to go to Jeonju, there is a free shuttle bus travelling from Seoul to Jeonju. For more information, click here.

ok peeps, I'll end it here today.. I'm going to Jeju Island next week. Wait for my next blog about Jeju island!! Hohoho... Hope u guys enjoy reading =)

안녕 (Good-bye)

Erica
3.50am (Korea Time)
21/4/2013


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi, I like your blog, thanks for sharing. I am actually going to be there in May. I wanted to ask you where exactly is the bamboo forest from your picture?

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Subscribe