Damyang Bamboo Festival

7:16:00 PM

Been very busying recently.. assignments is catching up.. =( I can't squeeze my time to blog about Jeju island also. Will do it later...


Juknukwon ( 죽눅원), Damyang is a place in Jeollanam-do which is very famous for it's bamboo. Bamboo festival is held during early summer every year. Many tourist will go there during the festival. This year, I went there during the last day of the festival (5/5/2013). Coincidentally, that day is also Korean Children's Day,which is also a public holiday. So, that place is full of people!

 The entrance of Bamboo Park at Juknokwon..

 <3

This is bamboo ice cream =D it tastes like Green tea. But I think it's more delicious than green tea ice cream! Each of us got one for ourself! I love it.. Do give this a try if you come! Btw, it's 2000won per cup (~ RM6) It's a little expensive but we could hardly find "bamboo flavour" ice cream.. so, why not?


Free postcard (only during festival / depends on the activity organised during the festival)..  This time they provide free postcard for people to send to their family and friends for FREE! this is the benefit of going to these places during festival time.





 Actually I din get good shot in Damyang that day. There were really too many people. that place is so crowded.

 Using Bamboo tools to catch fish. This is one of the activities in the festival.

Actually that day weather was so hot. I was sweating all over. Korea is getting hotter each day =( I dont have mood to take more pictures.. Although I heard that the best time to come is during summer, but I highly recommend that you go during late spring or early autumn. I think the weather would be more pleasant that time and you could slowly enjoy your sweet time!

Infomation to get there (Gwangju):
1) From CNU main entrance.. walk to 전대사거리 (chonnam national university 4 -ga), take bus 311 and stop at 죽눅원 (juknukwon). The bamboo park is just beside the place where the bus stop.

2) Bamboo park entrance fee - 2000won (~RM6)


Gonna write till here.. Im have to pack my stuff.. Going to baseball game again! And straight away to Seoul later!! Ciaozz..

Erica 
11.15am (korea time)
15/5/2013

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews

Subscribe