Gokseong Rail Bike and Steam Engine Train along Seomjingang River 곡성섬진강기차마을

12:53:00 PM

Browsing on my old photos a year ago.. suddenly came across these series of photos.. Hmm.. A sudden thought came to me and say: "You'll better blog this before you totally forget a single thing about this place".. Sorry to say.. it's a last year story and now I'm blogging about a past trip that I have been before, which means the pics posted here dated a year ago... And I also don't know why I have that "kick" to blog at this time now..

This place that I want to introduce is Gokseong Engine Steam Train and Rail Bike village. I can say it's one of the best place I have ever been while I'm in Korea. But sad to say, this place is situated quite far from Seoul because it is located at the south.

I've personally been there twice. Once with my friends and another time with my sister.. All of us also felt that this place is a superb place. Now I'll tell you why..

IF you are a running man fan, you've probably seen this episode..


That Pepero episode where Ji Hyo and Gary were on the same rail "bike"...

However, this running man episode is NOT the place that I will share later, instead, it's a place that is VERY SIMILAR to this place.. Note: This running man episode is filmed at a place called Gangchon Rail Park (강촌레일파크). More information, please refer Here.

Generally, the attraction spot concept is more or less the same.. Both of this place provide rail bike experience. Only different is that the view and Gukseong provides more attractions such as Steam Engine Train and Rose garden (by season).


Bus ticket from Gwangju to Gokseong.. 4400won (appx. RM13.20) If I'm not mistaken, the journey takes about 1 hour+

 The first time I went was during rose park festival, hence, there are several stalls selling food here and there.. and people were all over..

At the entrance of the rail bike village.. If you see this huge stone, then you are on the right track..


 I think this is a train guest house.. I did not really ask what is this... maybe it's just a decoration, a coffee shop, or even a guest house, or just a place to rest...I really don't know what is inside this train..  but somehow, I saw people inside too..

Nice horse ride for rent =D  I'm a budget traveller, so, didn't try on it at all..

 Entrance ticket.. I have forgotten the adult ticket price.. but that time I got this ticket at a student price.. I think it's around 5000won per adult.

Something like tourist information counter.. Tourist can go in and get some information before proceed. (maybe a map or something)


Upon entering the place, there will be a rose park located at left side.. That time I went was around rose festival and I got to see a lot of roses.. The time for the rose season festival is around May..

The entrance of Rose Park (장미공원)

Below are some random shots I got from there..






 My sister from the other side.. and this place is like a "wishing tree" building.. Or to leave some comments and reviews, whatever you want to write..


This is the best spot I like inside the Rose garden.. Cinderella's coach?!! Hmm.. Whatever it is.. I just love this so much..


 Hello =D 안녕!!



and the biggest sunflower!!! It was actually bigger than my face..


Then as we move in, we will come across to this TRAIN VILLAGE RAIL BIKE..
This is not the "Daebak" real bike that I mentioned just now.. Instead, it's a shorter route rail bike.. (with just a circular rail).. This one cost about 7000 won for 4 people.. well.. the rail bike looks like this:

Front View.. 4 of us have to cycle together for the bike to move.. Else, it will just stop there.. If one of the members did not cycle, then the other 3 will have to cycle harder to maintain the same speed.. *Random shot from the rail bike behind us*

Inside the 4 person rail bike.. (hot weather!!! gonna have some ice cream before we are being grill to death)

The rail..

 The back view..


 During summer time.. beautiful flowers around..

 Flowers along the way..


Some random shots along the way..

If you are in a tight budget, I don't recommend you to take this ride although it's 7000won for 4 person. Anyway, it was a good experience also riding around with this.. then you could see the other part of the village by just cycling along..

To go to Seomjingang Rail Bike, there is a free shuttle bus which takes about 5 mins to get to the place.. While waiting for the shuttle bus, we took some photos around.. and I think it looked nice.. haha..









This is a good spot for taking lots of pictures especially when the background is like old fashioned train station.. =D


Upon arriving the station, the rail bike looks like this.. this rail bike take quite some time to ride on and you could slowly enjoy the view.. the rail is just beside Seomjingang river.. so.. the pictures below are taken during summer time.. hmm.. I wonder how does this place looks like during other seasons of the year.. =D
 Blue bike..

 Red bike..




 Start off!! Yuuhoo..


 with my friends =D
 red and green trees along the road..



Some random shots along the ride..

The ride cost about 15,000won for 2 people ride and 22,000won for a 4 person ride.. but I think the price should be higher now.. the duration is about 40 minutes depending on the riding speed.. I personally felt it's quite enjoyable... feels very relaxing enjoying the evening breeze.. Highly recommend to get this ride..

However, to go back to the original destination, there is no U-turn ride.. we have to get into the engine stream train to get back..
One way ticket of the train cost about 4000won, and 2 way ticket (which means you didn't ride the rail bike) cost 6000won..

 The Steam Engine train..



photos session AGAIN.. before the train arrives..

well, basically that's all for this long post.. I'll stop my grandma's story here.. really hope to share this with you guys coz it's really a very unforgettable experience.. see, after one year I still remember it..  Hope this post help!! =D


Additional Information:

1) Directions by bus: 
* Take a bus for Gwangju Gwangcheon Terminal at Central City Express Bus Terminal (from 00:15 to 6:20 at 15 minute intervals and the journey takes 3 hours and 40 minutes.)

* Take a nonstop bus for Gurye at Gwangju Gwangcheon Terminal and get off at Gokseong-eup bus terminal (The bus runs from 06:20 to 20:35 at 15 minute intervals and the journey takes 1 hour and 10 minutes.)
* It takes 5-10 minutes by taxi and 20-30 minutes on foot from Gokseong-eup Bus Terminal to the Rail Bike station.

2) Futher information about the price and schedule, please refer here.


Thanks for reading.. Ciaoz.. Good Night ^.^

4am
(Malaysia Time)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews

Subscribe